Here are highlights of some 10 verses in the Christian bible that stresses the need to make a budget. (Joseph Mwangi)
1. A Budget helps you know your real financial situation
For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he may have enough to finish it; lest perhaps, after he has laid the foundation and is not able to finish, all those seeing begin to mock him, saying, This man began to build and was not able to finish.
2. A budget helps you create a boundary around your finances.
He who has no rule over his own spirit is like a broken down city without a wall.
3. A budget helps you plan ahead.
A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished.
4. A budget creates a sense of accountability.
Know well the face of your flocks; and pay attention to your herds.
5. A good budget helps you prioritize. (Needs vs. Wants)
The lambs are for your clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.
6. A good budget maps out a path for your savings.
1 Corinthians 16:2
“On the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper…….”
7. A good budget can free some extra money for you to use on things that matter to you.
Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms shall be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
8. A good budget, and following it, can keep you out of debt or help you get out of debt
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender
9. A good budget let you control your money instead of your money controlling you.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul.
10. A good budget practice will create a legacy for your children.
The Lord your God will then make you successful in everything you do. He will give you many children and numerous livestock, and he will cause your fields to produce abundant harvests, for the Lord will again delight in being good to you as he was to your ancestors.